Saturday, September 17, 2011

Chef Luna: PF Changs -like Lettuce Wraps and Cream Cheese Wontons

I'm really proud of my self about this one!  If you don't know, PF Changes is a Chinese cuisine bistro, that I love to go to.  One of my favorite foods there are their Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Lately I haven't been flowing with dough so I decided to try to make them myself! Woot! Along with these amazing wraps I also chose to make some cream cheese wontons! My boyfriend Jamare had to help me out because I am afraid to fry. ^_^;

Here's the recipes!!

Cream Cheese Wontons (via chinese.food.com)

Directions:

  1. Heat oil in a small pot.
  2. Beat egg.
  3. Mix cream cheese and 1/2 cup of sugar with egg.
  4. Spoon mixture into center of wonton wrapper.
  5. Moisten the edges of the wrapper with water and fold into whatever shape you desire.
  6. Make sure to seal the edges so the cream cheese mixture doesn't escape during frying.
  7. Drop into hot oil and brown both sides.
  8. Serve with your favorite sauce or just eat 'em alone!
     
    Chicken for Wraps
    1 lb. ground chicken
    1 can water chestnuts
    hoisin sauce

    I don't have any measurements for the sauce because I didn't really use any; sorry about that. So just use your best judgement on that.

    But believe me when I say, that meal was absolutely delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment